Where: Closeburn - N.W. Brisbane outskirts near Samford as featured on Channel Seven's the Great South East.
Next Workshop: Sunday, 3 July 2011
Please check back for additional dates. If you subscribe to the TREKeZine RSS feed, you will be automatically notified when more workshop dates are released.
Click here for Workshop Dates.
Click here for Bookings.
- 8.00am – Tuition given by Michael and Mark on best techniques for photographing reptiles and frogs
- 8:30am – Reptile and frog photography
- 10.15am – Morning tea
- 10.30am – Continuation of reptile and frog photography
- 11.45pm – Final discussion on techniques discussed and any questions answered
- 12.00pm -Finish
This half day workshop is designed to get you, the photographer, the opportunity to photograph an amazing array of reptiles and frogs at close range.
Some of the species are virtually impossible to photograph in the wild, so this is a chance you will not want to miss.
Michael and Mark will also give professional photographic tuition throughout the workshop. They will teach you how to take better photos as well as getting the most out of your camera.
Some of the species available on the day (depending on availability) will include:
- Leaf-tailed Gecko and Knob-tailed Gecko
- Bearded Dragon, Southern Angle-headed Dragon, Water Dragon and Boyd’s Rainforest Dragon
- Pink-tongue Skink, Blue-tongue Skink and Shingleback Lizard
- Carpet Python, Diamond Python and Brown Tree Snake
- Magnificent Tree Frog, Gold Tree Frog, Green Tree Frog, White-lipped Tree Frog and Burrowing Desert Frog
- Various other reptiles
Things you will need:
- Camera gear
- Any medium telephoto lenses ranging from 70mm to 300mm (don't worry if you don't have specialist lenses - you will still learn a lot with your Digital SLR and kit lens).
- Macro lens (if available)
- Memory card(s),
- Sturdy tripod
- Camera owners manual - Important!
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Drinking water
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen and hat
- FULLY CHARGED BATTERY and spare batteries
Price: $159.00 per person
Click here to book this workshop
Please note: This workshop is limited to 12 participants. This will ensure that you receive comprehensive personal tuition from Michael and Mark.
Please book early to avoid disappointment.
View Larger Map
For further details on any of our workshops or if you have any other questions, please phone Michael on 0408 941965 or Mark on 0459 221678. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org